Java Marine API
Detects and reads NMEA sentences from any input stream, e.g. file, serial port, TCP/IP or UDP socket etc. The plain ASCII data is converted to event/listener model with interfaces and parser implementations for selected sentences. Custom parsers may also be implemented and integrated by extending the provided base classes. Data output is also supported by allowing the modification of sentence contents with data formatting and validation. In addition, some general utility classes are provided for handling the information extracted from sentences. Higher-level data updates may be aquired through providers that translate NMEA updates to direct measurement updates.
- APB - Autopilot; cross-track error, destination bearings and heading
- BOD - Bearing from origin to destination
- CUR - Water currents information
- DBT - Water depth below transducer in meters, feet and fathoms.
- DPT - Water depth in meters with offset to transducer.
- DTM - Datum reference
- GGA - GPS fix data
- GLL - Current geographic position and time
- GNS - GNSS fix data
- GSA - Precision of GPS fix
- GSV - Detailed GPS satellite data
- HDG - Heading with magnetic deviation and variation
- HDM - Magnetic heading in degrees
- HDT - True heading in degrees
- MDA - Meteorological composite.
- MHU - relative and absolute humidity with dew point
- MMB - barometric pressure
- MTA - Air temperature in degrees Celcius
- MTW - Water temperature in degrees Celcius
- MWD - Wind speed and direction.
- MWV - Wind speed and angle
- RMB - Recommended minimum navigation information "type B"
- RMC - Recommended minimum navigation information "type C"
- ROT - Vessel's rate of turn
- RPM - Engine or shaft revolutions
- RSA - Rudder angle in degrees
- RTE - GPS route data with list of waypoints
- TTM - Tracked target message
- VBW - Dual ground/water speed.
- VDR - Set and drift
- VHW - Water speed and heading
- VLW - Distance traveled through water
- VTG - Course and speed over ground
- VWR - Relative wind speed and angle
- VWT - True wind speed and angle
- WPL - Destination waypoint location and ID
- XDR - Transducer measurements
- XTE - Measured cross-track error
- ZDA - UTC time and date with local time offset
Java Marine API is open source software and licensed under the GNU Lesser General Public License.
Source code is available at Github.
Code tells more than 1000 words, see the examples.
v0.10.0 pre-alpha, released on 2017-06-21:
v0.9.0 pre-alpha, released on 2015-12-10:
v0.8.1 pre-alpha, released on 2014-06-08:
v0.8.0 pre-alpha, released on 2014-06-07:
v0.7.0 pre-alpha, released on 2014-02-21:
v0.6.0 pre-alpha, released on 2013-10-15:
v0.5 pre-alpha, released on 2012-04-19:
v0.4 pre-alpha, released on 2011-07-12:
v0.3 pre-alpha, released on 2011-05-08:
v0.2 pre-alpha, released on 2010-12-08:
v0.1 pre-alpha, released on 2010-08-21:
Projects using Maven may download the library by adding dependency in pom.xml.
Snapshots of next release are deployed to sonatype.org every now and then. These are somewhat stable builds but still work-in-progress.
Any kind of feedback or contribution is welcome.
- Contact me
- Create issues to report bugs or to request new features
- Fork and send pull requests to share improvements
The project was originally published in Sourceforge.net, hence the net.sf package naming. While the source code, website, issues, wiki etc. are now hosted in Github, the binary releases still remain in Sf.net.
Notice that the old SVN repository is out-dated and no longer updated.